home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

September 06, 2011

Covergirl NatureLuxe Collection

I'm sure you all know about the Covergirl NatureLuxe collection. Earlier this year I spent weeks trying to find the perfect face product with the coverage of a foundation but the benefits of a tinted moisturiser. After multiple searches I established that, without a doubt, the best product for me would be the Covergirl NatureLuxe Liquid Silk Foundation. Unfortunately, I live in Australia so it was some time (a number of months actually) until the product was FINALLY released in Australia. Within three days of its Australian released I'd bought all three products. Yes, all three.
 Liquid Silk Foundation - #310 Flax
Retails for $18.24 from Big W
I read so much about the NatureLuxe Collection, Liquid Silk foundation in particular, that by the time it arrived in Australia I thought it would solve all my problems. As much as I want to like this foundation, I just can't. It's not for me.

There are so many positives to this product
  • It has a fantastic, mousse like texture that makes blending a breeze
  • It has great natural looking coverage
  • The colour range is fairly decent, especially in the US
  • The price is fantastic
Unfortunately, for me, the one negative to the foundation has to outweigh all the positives. I have oily/combination skin and this foundation just isn't suited. Within just hours of applying this product I look like a 'grease ball'. The NatureLuxe has a slight 'sheen' to it in an attempt to make the user look as though they have naturally dewy and flawless skin. The problem I, and many other people online, found is that the products 'sheen', when combined with my own skin, creates a disco ball effect. 

Occasionally I'll wear this product out but I'm instantly reminded why I don't wear it more. I'm forever reapplying powder throughout the day and end up looking cakey and disgusting.

Would I recommend this product? Yes, but only if you had dry or 'normal' skin.
Mousse Mascara in Black/Brown
Retails for $12.38 from Big W
To be honest with you, I don't remember what colour I bought this product in. Needless to say, I no longer own this mascara.


I really didn't like this mascara. It's one of those products I just 'did not like'. There's no real reason for the dislike, I suppose. The mascara claims to have a formula made from natural waxes. However, when you look closer you find that the formula contains the same waxes as many other mascaras available. Was this just a marketing ploy to appeal to the 'eco friendly' generation? I think so, yes. Does it work? Well I bought it, didn't I?


For me, the mascara deal breaker is the brush. I'm extremely 'picky' when it comes to mascara brushes and this one just didn't do it for me. 


Would I recommend this product? I don't think I can say either way, to be honest. If you like that kind of mascara brush, sure.
Gloss Balm - #265 Sandstone 
Retails for $18.24 from Big W
I love this. Yes, it's a rave review for the final NatureLuxe product. I bought this product in Sandstone. Now, being the red head (artificially) that I am, I rarely buy pink lip products as they wash me out and definitely don't flatter me. However, when I saw this colour I couldn't resist, and I'm so glad.


Sandstone is a sheer lipstick in a baby pink colour. It has small pieces of glitter in it (no disco ball lips though) and it goes well with most make up looks. The colour pay off is good, especially given it's purpose, and it can definitely be built up to achieved your desired level of intensity. 


Would I recommend this product? Definitely. The colour range is decent, although it's nothing when compared to the US colour range. Damn them! I'll definitely be going back for more colours, especially Anemone.


**Unfortunately, according to my research, Covergirl do test on animals. 



Always look your best,
Sophie
x

Follow me on Twitter @ Born to Buy
Follow me on Facebook @ Born to Buy
Have you got a request for a post? Click here.
Like what you're reading? Follow me.
Got Instagram? Follow me at BornToBuy! 

2 comments :

  1. I love that you tagged Taylor Swift in this :P Also, as uneducated on make-up as I am, whats's the difference between the 2nd and 4th mascara brush besides the colour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah, to be honest, I'm not that sure how to describe it. The bristles on the fourth (and what I prefer) always seem a lot stronger to me. I don't know how to articulate it, sorry!!

    ReplyDelete

Tiny Hand With Heart