home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

August 24, 2013

Dior Crème de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm

When I placed my last Sephora order I just couldn't resist adding the Dior Crème De Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm to my cart. It was definitely a splurge but, after seeing a few beauty gurus on YouTube talk/rave about it, I really needed to satisfy my curiosity.

They weren't wrong, it turns out! This lip balm is absolutely beautiful and, despite the hefty price tag, you can see the dent I've already put in it after about a month. There's no point in wasting it, right?

The Dior Crème De Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm is a clear/transparent potted lip balm. The product looks pink in the tube, yes, but there's no colour deposited to the lips. 

I absolutely love how moisturising this lip balm is. It glides onto the lips and there's this instant feeling of 'ahh' that I've only ever felt when using one other lip balm, the Korres Lip Butters. Somehow it manages to be the most moisturising thing I've ever applied without being sticky or tacky in the slightest. Not at all. It's so smooth that it's just a pleasure to wear. 

I find that I can still feel the Dior Crème De Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm on my lips and hour or so later which I really like. I hate applying lip balms and having them absorb straight away. You just feel the constant need to apply then! 

I had one hesitation when buying this product, the fact that the word plumping is in the name. I'm not a fan of plumping products. I threw caution to the wind and bought it anyway and I'm so glad I did. It doesn't leave your lips tingly or peppery at all (that's the only way I can describe the awful feeling I've experienced a few times). In fact, I probably wouldn't believe it was a plumping product unless I saw the name. In terms of the actual results that this lip balm gives, I don't notice a plumping effect at all but, as I said, that doesn't bother me!

I don't use this product during the day because I feel it's far too luxe (can you see the broken lid?) and messy for the daytime but it's probably one of my favourite parts of my nighttime routine. Yup. I love applying this that much.

If you're looking for a super luxurious lip balm or a beautiful gift for a friend, don't go past the Dior Crème De Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm. This lip balms retails for $27.00 in the US and $48.00 in Australia. I definitely wouldn't pay Australian prices for this but I'll be picking up a backup next time I place a Sephora order.

What's your favourite luxe product? Do you love a product that's soo overpriced but you can't seem to say no anyway? Also, if you know of a cheaper dupe for the Dior Crème De Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm, let me know!

Always look your best,
Sophie
x

Follow me on Twitter @ Born to Buy
Follow me on Facebook @ Born to Buy
Have you got a request for a post? Click here.
Got a question for me? Click here.
Like what you're reading? Follow me.
Got Instagram? Follow me at BornToBuy!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Tiny Hand With Heart