home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

September 26, 2013

NARS And God Created The Woman Review and Swatches

The NARS And God Created the Woman palette has received so much hype in the beauty community since its release in the American Spring 2013 (so Autumn here in Australia, lovelies). When I placed an order with Sephora around the time of my birthday I decided to pick up this bad boy and, having used it on and off for a few months, it's time for me to share my thoughts! 
The NARS And God Created the Woman palette is an eyeshadow palette with six eyeshadows. It also comes with a good sized sample of their Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base and the No. 3 Shader Brush. I picked up a full sized Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base in my last Sephora haul so I'm quite a fan of it and I'll give or take the brush - it's a pretty standard shader brush.


Alhambra | Bellissima | Kalahari | Galapagos | Coconut Grove | Night Clubbing 
*Lighting was not ideal for swatching - Colours are much more pigmented in real life

As you can see from the swatches above, the palette is quite neutral. The shades work well together to create many different looks, from something quite subtle to a dark and dramatic smokey eye. NARS describes the eyeshadows as the following; Alhambra (metallic rose mist), Bellissima (matte grey brown), Kalahari (gold confection), Galapagos (bitter chocolate infused with gold), Coconut Grove (deep brown) and Night Clubbing (black with gold pearl). I feel like Bellissima is a great taupe colour that makes the perfect nude. Galapagos and Night Clubbing's shimmer is almost like pieces of glitter and the rest of the eyeshadow is matte. 

I'm sure it comes to no surprise that my favourite and, of course, my most used colours out of the palette are the top three, Alhambra, Bellissima and Kalahari. I find that I can easily create a nice daytime and work appropriate (but then, I go to work with smokey eyes and all sorts) look in next to no time and that's perfect, especially for someone such as myself who gets up at 5.40am for work everyday. Eurgh. 

I like the darker colours in the And God Created the Woman palette, yes, but I feel like the formula of the top row is much nicer to work with. The bottom row colours, especially Galapagos and Night Clubbing, feel quite chalky to me, something you may be able to see in the swatch. They still apply really nicely though so I guess that's not really an issue. I guess I'm just saying that the formula of the eyeshadows in this palette is quite inconsistent and not all are as lovely and smooth as Alhambra and Kalahari. 

I don't have any photos of the eye looks I create with the NARS And God Created the Woman palette because the weather (therefore, my lighting in the morning) hasn't been good to me lately but I can tell you that Kalahari over the lid with Bellissima in the crease and Alhambra in the inner corner makes a lovely daytime look. You could even run one of the darker colours through the lashes to add depth! 

All in all, I quite like this palette (though I do wish it had a cool toned champagne in place of Galapagos) but I wouldn't recommend it to everyone. If you're new to the make up world and want to pick this up as a bit of a basic, I'd recommend you get the Urban Decay Naked Palette instead. If, however, you're a make up junkie, go right again! You'll love this. 

This palette is available from Sephora for $59.00. 
If you're in Australia, it's not on the Mecca Cosmetica website anymore but some stores may still have stock. There's no harm in asking! While you're there, check out this palette. I'm so in love with it and I've never even seen it in person.



Always look your best,
Sophie
x

Follow me on Twitter @ Born to Buy
Follow me on Facebook @ Born to Buy
Have you got a request for a post? Click here.
Got a question for me? Click here.
Like what you're reading? Follow me.
Got Instagram? Follow me at BornToBuy! 

9 comments :

  1. Beautiful palette, I can see why Sarah wants this one!

    Kate Xx
    themintedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it? I know! Sarah has lovely taste xx

      Delete
  2. I always wear neutrals on my eyes so I love the look of this palette, the shade Kalahari especially!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a neutral lovers best friend! The only way I think it could be better is if it had a shade comparable to Urban Decay's Sin. I love that so much! X

      Delete
  3. Despite getting this from you, I haven't even played with it yet. Naughty blogger! I've been so busy of late I haven't even managed to open most of my newest purchases!
    I love the look of the swatches though! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, Jasmine! How is that even possible? You must be SO busy and have incredible self control. Let me know what you think of it. Xx

      Delete
  4. How did you get this from Sephora if your in Australia? x

    ReplyDelete

Tiny Hand With Heart