home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

June 19, 2014

Jurlique Mists // Calendula Calming Mist v. Rosewater Balancing Mist



Over the past few months I've been playing around with two mists from Jurlique, Calendula Redness Rescue Calming Mist and Rosewater Balancing Mist. Both were purchased by me over the past few months (actually quite a while ago now, I've been promising this post for quite some time) and today I'm here to tell you how I think they compare, if I think they're worth the money and which I prefer!

The first mist I picked up was the Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist. This mist is marketed as a "daily hydrating mist featuring the relaxing scent of rose that restores and hydrates the complexion and is ideal for normal/combination skin types". I was reading about the benefits of a moisturising toner/mist after using an exfoliating toner from the one and only Caroline Hirons so I raced out to my local Jurlique counter to pick this bad boy up. See haul here. This is a really well received product in the beauty community and a lot of people seem to really like it. In fact, my Mum is one of those people. She loves how refreshing it is. 

Unfortunately, I haven't been too happy with this mist. Stupidly I didn't look at the ingredients list when I bought it and when I got it home and realised that alcohol was the second ingredient I didn't think it would go down well. Even though it's a hydrating product I found that it really dried my skin out and, being someone with combination/oily skin, that's pretty hard. Not only did it dry me out, but it also stung my face so bad!

When I hauled the Rosewater Balancing Mist I mentioned that I wasn't too impressed by it and a reader, Amy from Bottled Beauty, let me know that they recently released a mist for sensitive skin which, to my joy, did not contain alcohol. Again I raced out, this time picking up the Jurlique Calendula Redness Rescue Calming Mist. This mist is said to be "an alcohol-free lightweight and refreshing mist to help calm, hydrate and clarify skin".

Yep, the Calendula Redness Rescue Calming Mist is pretty much everything I though the rosewater mist would be without on element, the alcohol. This mist is a nice and calming mist that I find myself reaching for when my skin is really irritated. Whether I've used a particularly harsh exfoliating toner or a mask with a little too much oomph, this is the product I pull out. It's not the type of product I use daily but it's nice for a pamper evening and such.

All in all, I was highly disappointed by Jurlique's Rosewater Balancing Mist and mildly impressed with their Calendula Redness Rescue Calming Mist. It's not a product that I have in my daily skincare routine, however it does pop its head up every now and then. Is it a skincare essential? No, not my any means. Is it nice to have around? Sure, why not. 

Both mists come in a 100mL bottle, with the Rosewater Balancing Mist retailing for $48.99 (it also comes in a 50mL bottle for $35.00) and the Calendula Redness Rescue Calming Mist selling for $55.00.

What's your favourite facial mist? Do you use a hydrating facial mist? Let me know what it is! Also, what's your thoughts on alcohol in a skincare product? 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Tiny Hand With Heart