home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

June 18, 2014

The Jojoba Company Bead & Bamboo Facial Exfoliant (EE Cream)* Review

I don't know what it is but my skin's been really congested lately (although let's be honest, isn't it always?). One of my favourite products to use when my skin is feeling congested is a facial exfoliant and, at the moment, my product of choice is The Jojoba Company's Bead and Bamboo Facial Exfoliant (EE Cream)*. This product is both a manual and chemical exfoliant and I've found that it's really agreed with my extra sensitive skin!

Before we continue, yes, we're onto EE Creams aka Extra Exfoliating Creams. As I said, The Jojoba Company's Bead and Bamboo Facial Exfoliant (EE Cream)* is a manual and chemical exfoliant. It contains jojoba beads and bamboo which act to remove dead skin cells as it's worked into the skin whilst BHAs (beta hydroxy acids) such as salicylic acid work to clean out the pores. 

This product can be used two ways, both as an exfoliant as part of a skincare routine as as a mask for a more intensive exfoliation. For use as an exfoliant which is my preferred way of using this product, I work a fairly decent amount into my skin after I've removed my make up but before I've cleansed. I always tend to exfoliate before I cleanse - Am I the only one? To use this as a mask, work a semi thick layer all over the face and leave it to do its thing for 10 - 15 minutes. I'll be honest, I've only ever used this as a mask once or twice. 

I really like The Jojoba Company's Bead and Bamboo Facial Exfoliant (EE Cream)*. I find that it's gentle enough to be used two or three times a week, but it's abrasive enough to feel as though I've given my face a good exfoliation! The jojoba beads and bamboo are incredibly fine which I find means that they're gentle on the skin. After a few weeks of use a couple of times a week I have found that my skin is smoother, softer and make up applies a lot nicer, especially the day after use! 

The Jojoba Company's Bead and Bamboo Facial Exfoliant (EE Cream)* is a really nice product that I will be recommending to anyone looking for a gentle but effective exfoliation. It is not often that my skin reacts favourably to an exfoliating skin product so I would recommend it to people of all skin types, including those with sensitive skin. It retails for $39.95 and is available online at www.thejojobacompany.com.au, as well as for purchase at a variety of retailers which are listed here

Have you tried this or any other product from The Jojoba Company? What did you think of it? What's your favourite gentle exfoliant?  


*This product was sent to me, however all opinions are my own. I was not paid for this review

1 comment :

  1. This sounds pretty nice! Although I laughed a bit when I read "EE cream" xD

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete

Tiny Hand With Heart