home                     about & contact                     pr friendly                     advertise                     disclaimer                     product directory                     FAQ

August 07, 2014

Sephora Birthday Haul | August 2014

July is my birthday month and after the crappy few months that I'd been having I decided to treat myself/wish myself a happy birthday by, of course, shopping for myself. For anyone who's been keeping up, you may remember that earlier that this year Sephora put a ban on shipping to parcel forwarding services, leaving us Aussie gals with no way to get our fix. Anyway, the ban seems to be lifted, much to every beauty lover's relief, and today I'm here with a fairly substantial haul for you all.

I haven't swatched any of these products as I was starting to lose the sun when I was taking these so let me know if there's anything you'd like to see in more detail!

I was tossing up between a few different palettes but I went with the Tarte Rainforest After Dark Colored Clay & Cheek Palette. I have one Tarte Amazonian Clay blush that I'm not exactly smitten about but I really liked the look of the shadows and I've been wanting to try their bronzer, Park Avenue Princess, so it seemed like the perfect product!

I also grabbed two more jumbo eye crayons. From Make Up For Ever I picked up their Aqua Matic Pencil in ME-54, a metallic pink/beige. I'm really liking the Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks that I hauled last month so I decided to pick up another, this time in Plum.
I'm wanting to get into blotting papers lately as an alternative to reapplying powder throughout the day so I thought this Boscia Fashionably Matte kit was a great way to kick start that. It comes with two packs of 100 blotting papers plus a nice case to put them in. I've heard such great things about Boscia as a skincare brand too so I'm looking forward to giving these a shot! I talk about the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer constantly so I'm sure it's not surprise that I picked up a 1oz/30ml bottle. Unfortunately I lost a little in transit as the lid came loose but the glass bottle didn't break so I count that as a win!

 Whenever I place a Sephora order I pick up a packet of their Ribbon Hair Ties because, well, I really love them. I know they're available in Australia too but oh well. I also grabbed a few of their nail files, hoping they'd be like the ones my Mum picked up for me from France in Sephora (haul here) but, unfortunately, they're not. Sad! I've been lusting over the NARS Matte Multiple in Anguila so I decided my birthday was a good excuse to get it. Anguila is described as a ginger pink, though I'd call it a warm light pink. 

Finally for this shopping adventure, I couldn't forget my lips. I wanted so many lipsticks that, in the end, I said no altogether and instead I picked up two lip balms. Typical. I bought a back up of the Dior Creme De Rose, a long time love of mine, because I love it a lot but not enough to pay what they ask for it in Australia. I also grabbed the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask because it has been getting sooo much hype in the beauty community so I caved, picked it up and so far I'm really liking it!

Now let's look at the freebies. Because it had been my birthday I was able to get my birthday gift which is a little kit from Make Up For Ever this year. The kit contains a mini eyeliner, mascara and lipstick. Sephora is also known for running little promos and, at the time, they were offering one of three mini lip products free. I've been wanting to try the Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipsticks for a while now so I jumped at the chance to score this deluxe sample in Peony. Lastly I redeemed 100 points to get a 5ml bottle of the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer but, of course, I forgot to photograph that. Oops! 

aaaand that's my Sephora haul. I'm so excited to have these new goodies and I can't say thank you to myself enough for my birthday present. For those of you playing along at home, this has deducted five products from my Beauty Diet product shopping allowance (I'm not counting lip balms - should I?), bringing my total to 8.


Also, for anyone who's wondering, I use Hop Shop Go as my parcel forwarding company. I've written a whole post about the process which you can read here


What do you think of the goodies I picked up? Have you tried any of these bits 'n' pieces? Is there anything you'd like to see reviewed? Let me know!

7 comments :

  1. Oh my god this is an amazing haul, I recently just gave in and did my first ever Sephora haul and also went for the Tarte palette, and have been loving the colours. The TOo Faced melted lip looks like a great freebie, as is the little birthday gift.

    Kristy | http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11933907

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to see a look done using the tarte palette! Also, happy (belated) birthday!

    http://eyestokillmua.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely amazing haul! I love the looks of the Tarte stuff. I would really like to hear your thoughts on the Bite lip mask because it has been getting so many raves. Also that's so awesome that you got a free mini melted lipstick, they sound so amazing!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Melted lipsticks look really interesting! Kinda like an OCC lip tar? The Tarte palette looks awesome too.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing products you've got there :)
    Good God Lord! When I went to Sephora in Singapore, I went crazy seeing all the pretty items there hehe.

    The Tarte Palette you've got there looks pretty! You know what? I love their packagings!! Woody feeling hehe. Very environmental friendly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the Sephora still has a ban on using parcel forwarding services as international customers. One of my friends tried to order with MyUS at Sephora, but failed, recently I tried with another parcel forwarding service company http://www.usgobuy.com and I did it. I think the reason is you cannot use parcel forwarding address that is well known among the sellers. Hope it helps

    ReplyDelete

Tiny Hand With Heart